If the folder where your browser downloads the information you download through the network is not the one you want, you will always be able to change it to another where you feel more comfortable. We tell you how to do it in the main web browsers that are out there right now.
It may be that the fact of changing your web browser, downloading some type of file and not knowing exactly in which folder it has been placed has ever happened to you.
It can also happen that the default folder for the browser is not comfortable for you and, therefore, every time you have to go look for what you have downloaded, the process becomes something heavy or difficult.
But as you well know in this world of technology nothing is definitive and practically everything can be modified. This is a good example of this, since the main browsers on the market right now allow you to set another folder as the default for downloads.
If you don’t know how to do it, we are going to tell you how to modify said folder, so that you can put the one you like the most or that is in the most suitable place for you, explained for the browsers that everyone uses today .
How could it be otherwise, we are going to start with the most used in the world, Google Chrome.
In the Google browser, it is possible to modify, in a very simple and fast way, the location of the default folder to save all kinds of downloads that are made through this software.
The steps you must follow are the following:
- We click on the three points located in the upper right corner of Chrome, and then, in the drop-down that appears, click on Setting.
- Once there we must enter downloads.
- We click on the change button and select a new download destination.
- We can also tell Chrome to ask us where we want to download the file every time we carry out such a task, something that we will achieve by pressing the option Ask where to save each file before downloading.
The same thing that we have previously managed with Google Chrome, we will be able to do it with the Mozilla Firefox browser.
It’s also extremely easy to change the default folder location for downloads. You just have to do the following:
- We open the browser menu and click on Setting.
- In the left panel, we select General and scroll down to Files and apps.
- We click on Review next to Save files to and select where Firefox should download your files.
- We can also mark Always ask where to save files so that every time we try to download a file it asks us and thus decide where to save it.
Obviously in the Microsoft browser it couldn’t be less and it also allows you to change the location of the downloads folder for the one that we consider to be the most appropriate.
The steps you must follow are the following:
- We type in the same place where we put the web addresses: edge://settings
- So, in the menu on the left, we click on Change, next to Location, and select a new download location.
Edge has other very interesting capabilities when it comes to managing the files that we download.
We can make Edge ask us where we want to save each file we download as long as we check the option Ask me what to do with each download.
We also have two other options such as Open Office files in the browserwhereby any file related to Office will be opened directly in the browser instead of being downloaded, and Show download menu when starting a downloadoption that automatically shows us a window where we see how many files are being downloaded.
For all those users who use Apple operating systems, they should also know that the downloads folder can be changed, just like we have done with the browsers we have talked about so far.
If we want to achieve it, we simply have to perform the following steps:
- In the menu bar, we click on Safari.
- We are going to preferences and then to General.
- We open the drop-down menu next to File download location.
- We click on Other and we put a new location.
- Also, we can set the download location for each file using the option Ask for each download.
This browser has become very popular in recent times thanks to the system it incorporates to protect our privacy, being able to block ads and trackers that sometimes cause so much inconvenience.
If it is the browser you usually use, you will also be able to change the location of the downloads to the folder that you like the most and that best suits you.
You will be able to do it if you follow these steps:
- We write in the same place where we put the web pages: brave://settings
- We’re moving down the left menu and we select downloads.
- We click on Change and we set the new location for the files we download from time to time.
- We can also decide where to save each file by enabling the option Ask where to save each file before downloading.
In Opera we will also be able to change the downloads folder to the one we want, either because we are running out of space on the disk where these types of files are normally stored or because we want everything to be redirected to a new location.
There will be no problem when changing this parameter in Opera, since it is extremely simple. These are the steps:
- We click on the icon Setting.
- We go down and open the menu Advanced.
- At that time we should go to downloads and then we click on Change.
- So we select a new location for this browser downloads.
- It also allows us to ask for the location every time we want to download a file.
The great asset that Vivaldi presents compared to many other browsers is its speed and that is why many users use it.
Of course, we can also change the default download location as follows:
- We click on Setting in the lower left corner and then select Downloads.
- Click on select folder from the download location and browse to the new location where we want the files to be saved.
- If we select Save files to default location without asking, it will not ask us where they are stored.
With all this information, you will be able to change the location of the downloads folder of the main browsers that we all use often.
As you have been able to read, it is extremely easy to modify this part and place the location that best suits us.