- Regional winners from London and South East, Midlands and South West, North, and Scotland will come together for the Entrepreneur Of The Year 2022 UK celebration dinner this November
- EY names 22 entrepreneurs from 20 businesses celebrated for their entrepreneurial spirit and achievements
- The winners represent a broad variety of industries including consumer, technology, and healthcare
London, Tuesday 20 September 2022 – EY has announced the UK finalists of its EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ programme, following regional heats.
Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates leaders with inspirational stories – those who are creating long term value, reframing our future, and contributing purpose beyond profits. Entrepreneurship can be demanding and isolating, so the programme goes beyond a competition and enables leaders to reflect on their successes and share their most pressing challenges with like-minded peers in this outstanding entrepreneurial community.
The Entrepreneur Of The Year 2022 UK finalists are:
- Jonathan Petrides, Founder of allplants
- Mark Kotter, Founder & CEO of bit.bio
- David MacDonald, Owner & Director of Cullen Packaging
- James Sharpe, Co-Founder & MD of Fabulosa
- Gurdev Mattu, MD of Fashion UK
- Timo Boldt, Founder & CEO of Gousto
- Martin Bysh & Paul Dodd, CEO & CTO of Huboo Technologies
- Don McLean, CEO of Integrated Environmental Solutions
- Brenda McLeish OBE, CEO of Learning Curve Group
- Hannah Donaldson, CEO of Meet Group
- Nick Moutter, CEO of MOOT
- Christy Foster, MD of Online4baby
- Liz Ashall-Payne, Founding CEO of ORCHA
- Federico Charosky, CEO of Quorum Cyber
- Melissa Snover, Founder & CEO of Rem3dy Health
- Mike Callachan, Founder & CEO of Snappy Shopper
- Dr. Jagdeep Hans, CEO of The Real Good Dental Company
- Tina Warner-Keogh & Tom Warner, Co-Founders & Co-CEOs of Warner’s Distillery
- Frank Barrett, CEO of Woodall Nicholson
- Philip Belamant, Co-Founder & CEO of Zilch Technology
Lynn Rattigan, EY’s Chief Operating Office for the UK & Ireland and Entrepreneur Of The Year UK Partner Sponsor, said: “This year’s cohort have shown how business leaders are embracing their responsibility as role models and are continually inspiring the next generation. We thank them for making such a positive impact on their teams, the UK economy and our communities. I feel privileged to be a part of this incredible community.”
Victoria Price UK EY Private Tax Leader and Entrepreneur Of The Year UK Partner Lead said: “I feel so inspired by working with such incredible leaders on a daily basis, they demonstrate the breadth of business talent across the country. These business leaders have shown me their drive, innovation and ambition while also creating long term value for their communities.”
Judging for Entrepreneur Of The Year 2022 UK will take place in October by a panel of prominent business leaders, including:
Entrepreneur Of The Year’s UK Headline Sponsor is leading Swiss wealth management group Julius Baer.
David Durlacher, CEO of Julius Baer International Limited, said: “We at Julius Baer send wholehearted congratulations to all of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2022 UK finalists.
“We are proud to be the Headline Sponsor of a programme which so consistently showcases the high levels of innovation and determination within our entrepreneurial community here in the UK. Each entrepreneur brings with them a unique and fascinating story behind their achievements, and we have been fortunate enough to meet and learn from many during both last, and this year’s programmes. While we send them all the best for the final later this year, we also look forward to seeing the new heights each will undoubtedly go on to reach!”
The Entrepreneur Of The Year UK overall winner will be announced in November. They will represent the UK at the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ ceremony in summer 2023, a gathering of the most inspiring entrepreneurs from across the world.