Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
A couple of days ago, NVIDIA released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes NVIDIA GeForce 531.29 WHQL Driver offers optimal performance in Atomic Heart and the closed Beta of THE FINALS, and fixes the NVIDIA Container High CPU issue.
Basically, this driver is almost identical to the previous Hotfix that the green team released earlier this month. As such, if you’ve already installed it, you can skip this driver.
As always, you can download the driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
NVIDIA GeForce 531.29 WHQL Driver Release Notes
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new titles supporting NVIDIA DLSS 3 technology including Atomic Heart and the closed Beta of THE FINALS.
- Higher CPU usage from NVIDIA Container after exiting a game
- Stability issues on certain laptops with GeForce GTX 10/MX250/350 series GPUs
- Adobe application stability issues using 531.18
- Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used.
- Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled.
- [Halo Wars 2] In-game foliage is larger than normal and displays constant flickering
- [GeForce RTX 4090] Watch Dogs 2 may display flickering when staring at the sky
- [Hogwarts Legacy] Black Screen/Hang on Launch at Shader Compilation Screen using Driver 531.18
Workaround: Close and relaunch game.
- Applying GeForce Experience Freestyle filters cause games to crash
- Assassin’s Creed Origins stability issues using 531.18